Getting to the Park
The Park is located in and along Lake Michigan just east of the Summerfest Grounds and immediately south of Discovery World. A “State Park Sticker” is not required, and free parking is available at marked locations and along the road. Follow the road to the end for parking nearest the south entrance to the Park.
From I-94 North, I-43 South or I-94 East: Take the I-794 South Exit/Lakefront Exit and proceed east, exiting at the Lakefront exit ramp.
By Boat, Kayak, or Canoe
From the East: Come by boat and dock at one of our 20 slips, please call 414-274-4281 or visit https://wisconsin.goingtocamp.
GPS Coordinates: Marina Entrance 43.035092, -87.894563
The Oak Leaf Trail and Hank Aaron State Trail will take you right to the Park. Visit Milwaukee By Bike
Parking at Lakeshore State Park
- North Entrance – Along Harbor Drive and Clybourn St (can be limited during festival season). North entrance path is located just west of Discovery World.
- South Entrance – Keep Summerfest grounds to your left, follow Erie St/park access road along the harbor and under the Hoan Bridge behind the Summerfest amphitheater. The south entrance to the ‘island’ portion is located near the back of the Summerfest BMO stage (follow red railings and road to the north).
- Museum Center Parking Garage on Michigan Street
- Discovery World and Milwaukee Art Museum lots
- Lot A by the Summerfest north gate during festivals