The Friends of Lakeshore State Park are looking for a part time administrator to work with the Friends’ Board of Directors and the Park Manager. If you, or anyone you know, is interested to learn more, please reply directly to email@example.com. Download the FLSP Assistant Administrator Job Description here.
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Description: The Friends of Lakeshore State Park provides financial, volunteer and infrastructure support for Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee through a partnership with the Department of Natural Resources. The Friends group consists of a volunteer Board, and coordinates grants, fundraising needs, and additional ways to support the park with the Lakeshore State Park manager. As a volunteer Board, it has been recognized that paid administrative support is needed to ensure the organization is meeting reporting, license, and financial management requirements, along with helping to promote the organization and its goals through social media platforms and newsletters.
The administrative assistant position will work closely with the Friends of Lakeshore State Park Board President, Treasurer, and Governance Chair, as well as the Lakeshore State Park Manager. On occasion, input or requests from other Board members may be necessary.
Compensation: The relationship between Friends of Lakeshore State park and the Administrative Assistant is an independent contractor relationship and as such compensation paid for services performed is not taxed. The selected candidate will receive a 1099-MISC at the end of each tax year and will be responsible for paying taxes on their income when completing their personal tax returns.
Duties: The majority of duties will be completed remotely, with laptop and office supplies provided by the Friends of Lakeshore State Park. Occasional local travel to pick up mail, deposit checks, and meet with Park Manager and Board members is required.
The specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Record income and expenses into Quickbooks (desktop); write and distribute invoice payments with approvals; generate reports as requested or required for State and Federal licensures and certifications.
- Mail pick up and drop off, including thank you letters to donors
- Reconciling monthly bank and investment account statements
- Compile newsletters and manage email distribution list in MailChimp
- Market the Friends group and fundraising initiatives, as well as the park, through social media pages on Facebook and Instagram
- Update website content as needed
- Completion of State, Federal, and Friends of Wisconsin State Parks/DNR license and certification renewals
- Overall workload is typically less than 40 hours per month, and may range from 5-20 hours per week
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to quickly learn new skills and adapt to change
- Effective and organized verbal and electronic communication
- Experience with Quickbooks (desktop version)
- Experience with MailChimp
- Experience managing and updating web content (WordPress)
- Experience creating brochures and marketing material