Lakeshore State Park Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering at the Park is a great way to make new friends, have fun and learn more about the Park and Lake Michigan. Opportunities include:
- Park Ambassador – Greet and inform visitors about the Park, upcoming events and activities. Sign up for a shift on the weekend, weekdays or evenings.
- Volunteer Naturalist – Assist Park staff in conducting educational classes and programs. A background in teaching and\or natural sciences is desirable but not required.
- Citizen Scientist – Help the Park staff gather information on scientific endeavors at the park, such as bird surveys, water data or conducting visitor surveys.
- Lakeshore Caretakers – Assist Park staff with the many projects required to operate and maintain a Wisconsin state park.
- Special Events – Assist in the set up, operation and takedown of various events at the Park, such as the Urban Island Beach Party, Beach Bonfire, SturgeonFest, and many more.