Apply for our Digital Communication Internship
Friends of Lakeshore State Park (FLSP) is seeking a Digital Communication Intern to create engaging content for the organization’s social media profiles and web presence. The intern will work closely with President David Wenstrup and park staff. The unpaid position starts the week of January 23, 2023 and ends in May. Part time hours of 20 hours or less a week are expected for the duration of the position. Work may be performed remotely. The intern will also have access to FLSP offices in the Third Ward Association Office. Some work during evenings and weekends are expected for coverage of programming and events.
This internship is available for students at a local university seeking credits as part of course requirements in Marketing, Communication, Environmental Studies, Non-Profit Management, or other applicable degrees. Ideal candidates are passionate about environmental stewardship and community engagement. The internship provides the opportunity to network and learn from parks managers, board members, and community partners.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2023.
- Assist in creating dynamic content for various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Engage the community around fundraising, events, and programming for the park.
- Interact with the public through direct messages, mentions, and comments on multiple social media channels.
- Design graphics for social media and distribution using Canva Pro or preferred software.
- Responsible for maintaining website content, including park events calendar.
- Assist with audio and video production for social media content.
- Capture original content of the park and the people who use it.
- Grow engagement, build relationships, and increase presence in the community.
- Other related duties may be required and assigned.
- Experience producing creative, engaging content for social media and websites through copywriting, photography, videography, and editing.
- Knowledge of trends on social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram/Stories.
- Familiarity with Canva Pro or other similar graphic design software.
- Knowledge of analytics and metrics for progress reporting.
- Experience scheduling social media posts for maximum engagement and reach.
- Strong communication, graphic design, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours that could include nights and weekends.
- Self-starter who can think critically, follow direction, and work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Photography experience and photo editing a plus.
Who Are We?
Friends of Lakeshore State Park (FLSP) is a non-profit dedicated to supporting Lakeshore State Park and its partners. FLSP partners with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the community to support Lakeshore State Park as Milwaukee’s premier urban lakefront destination for environmental and freshwater education, conservation, recreation, and outdoor enjoyment. The Friends raise funds for and participate in educational programming, events, infrastructure, and marketing and build memberships and strategic alliances to succeed in these efforts.